2014年2月19日星期三

Another Milestone Achieved

It has been taken almost a month to confirm the date for my proposal defense after the submission is done. Finally, the officer confirmed with me that I'll have my proposal defense two days later when I checked with on Monday. Luckily, I had ready with the presentation slides 2 weeks ago. If not, I'm sure I'll be in big trouble to rush for the preparation. 

Perhaps, due to the early preparation, both mentally and physically about the challenge I'll face, I actually slept quite well last night, unexpectedly. So, today I came in "well-prepared", fresh and energetic, ready with the invisible "bulletproof vest" on, let us finish it!

I quite satisfied with my presentation, I think my supervisor also has the same feeling, at least I able to present it confidently. And here comes the questions from examiners. Well, the first question is already so challenging that it alerted me not to step into examiners' trap! I tried real hard to defense my work (my supervisor had reminded me to be careful before!) and to convince the examiners that my work is worthwhile, though I myself not 100% sure about this (haha...). They spent almost 1 hour to throw all the questions, haih!

"The examiners agreed that you have passed your comprehensive exam, subject to amendments. " Har? So is it pass or fail? I'm waiting for the Chairman to tell me "you have 1 month for correction and re-submit your proposal writing before we release your result". But, there is nothing else from them. 

"Congratulation! You passed!". Finally, the best statement came out from the mouth of examiners. OH! I had passed my comprehensive exam! Yes! Finally!

But, can't be happy for too long. This is only to confirm that I can proceed with my research. There is still a long way to go before I really earned my PhD title. 

2 条评论:

若藍 ~ chan lioklam 说...

Well done!!! 有好的開始就是成功了一半,相信妳已超過大半。祝福妳。

ping sui xian fong 说...

加油