2011年11月29日星期二

Speechless ...

Last week, I gave my students test as per scheduled in the teaching plan. To me, the questions asked are extremely easy! As long as they pay full attention in the class, do their revision (by just need to study the notes and tutorial questions), they can score well in the test.

However, from my observation in 10 weeks, many of them do not attend the lecture classes, only a small number of students pay attention in my class when I was trying my very best to keep my voice louder in explaining and providing them suggested answers. Can you imagine half of the class are talking with each others, treat you as transparent, although you'd "remind" them about your existence?!

OK, I went too far from my story. Back to the test, after finished the test, I heard various "sounds" & noise made by the students. Suddenly, I heard 1 of the student complaining to his friend about the vocab used in the questions.

"I don't know what is the meaning of 'pessimistic' lah! The English ah, very high standard, like the degree level English, not diploma level one."

I looked at him for a few seconds, wondering " Har? English also can be classified into  DIPLOMA & DEGREE level? " Can anyone tell me what to say?

I was speechless...

2 条评论:

若藍 ~ chan lioklam 说...

教不嚴,師之惰也! 哈哈!

Kar Yee 说...

那上一句呢?岂不是更重要?